Saturday, June 25, 2011

An apple a day keeps the vet away

Last night Edgar introduced Ella to frog hunting. It was 11pm, dark, they were wandering up and down the street. I had no idea what they were doing. By the time I realized they were ridding the street of frogs it was too late. Ella squished one monster frog in her mouth and spit it out. Absolutely disgusting! I quickly put an end to the killings such mean dogs I rescued. Out of guilt for leaving her in the crate most of yesterday I decided to let her sleep on the floor in our bedroom instead of downstairs in the crate. Then as a thank you I hear her in the middle of the night puking up frog juice all over my beige carpet. So much fun cleaning up dog puke, especially when you are hungover from some blue martini a friend ended your night with.
So this morning as usual Ella is combing the house looking to get into trouble. She finds Sophia's backpack strewn on the floor, of course. I don't think the child understands the concept of hanging up anything. Apparently Sophia had brought home an apple leftover from the yummy school lunch she never seems to finish.
I was editing photos in the office and heard Ella dropping something. By the time I found her she was a few chunks into the apple. So I just let her eat the whole thing. Figured maybe the apple will save us from the vet and all the frog juice. You know an apple a day keeps the vet away right?
Or with my luck she'll be puking up apple sauce tonight. Never a dull moment over here.


1 comment:

  1. adorable, sad, funny and entertaining all rolled into one...thanks for the chuckle ;-)

    ReplyDelete