Monday, June 13, 2011

Yesterday

I am missing yesterday already, a perfect day. John did his usual long run in the morning, I worked, kids played w/o fighting. Then we went and pigged out at our favorite brunch spot, San Remo. If you are local you must go there on Sundays so good and so reasonable! Afterward we headed to Jordan Lake with kids and dogs. We very rarely go to the Lake here, usually just opt for the convenience of the pool. I'm use to the big, beautiful, blue, clear Great Lakes. North Carolina has some very small, brown, murky, lakes. I know this is because of the red clay bottoms but still I will admit it freaks me out a little and gosh they are very warm lakes too.
Anyway we found a little hidden part of the lake where just one other family was hanging. Sophia like her mother was hesitant to jump in but soon did with a little coercing. Logann was typical Logann a fish. The other family didn't mind the dogs so we let them off leash so they could have their first swim lesson. They had fun exploring the shore and tip toeing into the water. We tried getting them to swim but forgot the steak at home. A stick and a sandal was not motivating them out deep.
The girls had a blast jumping off sunken tree logs. Then one of the little boys got a hook in his foot which freaked the girls out so we headed home. Next time I will remember to pack them some water shoes.
On the way home we got some ice cream at McDonald's. Sophia had won a free ice cream for good behavior at school. When we got home John and I read our books and took a nap while the girls played.
Happy hour & dinner for the girls, then I talked them all into going to play tennis. We played all the games their coach had taught them and then John and I played a couple quick games. It doesn't matter who won, but I can tell you John lost : ) We played til it started to rain and then drove back home in our wet convertible, oops we forgot to close the top.
Sadly enough we don't have too many days like yesterday. Simple, family, fun. No electronics, no fighting, no expense. Both John and I were thinking the same thing about the day, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment